I was never so happy to discover that coconut oil has so many benefits for our bodies! Please see my post on the benefits of coconut oil! The Benefits of Coconut Oil .
Now I have discovered that using coconut oil as a replacement to mouth wash is so good for us! All that is needed is to take a spoonful of oil in the morning after brushing your teeth and swish it around like mouthwash. Do NOT swallow it because it removes bacteria from the teeth, gums, and tongue. You don’t want this in your stomach! The point of it all is to eliminate a lot of the mouth bacteria that eventually ends up in the stomach.
Swish it gently for anywhere from 5-20 minutes. Then spit it out and rinse your mouth. Here are the benefits:
- Cures bad breath
- Keeps bacteria from entering into the stomach from the mouth
- Helps avoid skin eruptions due to lower bacteria being ingested.
- Gives a bright shiny beautiful smile
- Keeps gums safe from gum disease
- Will help major skin problems such as rosacea, psoriasis, and facial breakouts!
- Will bring more energy and health over time
- Good for heart health
I like to cook with coconut oil and I also take a tablespoon of it daily and swallow. It is good for digestion and bowel issues.
Here is to your health!
Pastor Jenine Marie Howry
For more information about coconut oil for mouth cleansing please see this website