Have you ever seen such a time in history as we are going through now? We have so much strife in our country. The only place it can begin is in our spiritual walk and then within our hearts. Remember, our mouths speak out of the inner chambers of our hearts. The words and hateful comments coming out of the mouths of people these days are coming from souls that have become bitter and hateful.
There are some ways you can personally overcome and change the coldness that might be residing in your heart.
- Ask God to examine your heart. King David in the Bible did this very same act. David asked God to reveal any wicked way within; he wanted a pure and clean heart. David knew his mouth would speak out of the inner working of his heart. Therefore, the world could cloud David’s decisions with hatred or bitterness if he did not cleanse his soul and render it to God’s ways.
- Be willing to admit to yourself you have an issue within you and resolve to deal with it. If you can not accept this, then no change can happen. Only through our clear and honest evaluation can you overcome any bitterness that might arise out of your wounds.
- Accept that everyone has wounds. That includes you. When you see others know, they might also be acting out of their injuries. It is your responsibility to seek out healing for your wounded heart and soul scars. Once you recognize your inner wounds, it is time to take action. God within you can reveal internal injuries and helps you change your ways.
- Seek out to only speak light whenever you can. Speaking from a place of light means talking out of grace and mercy. Talking out of grace and mercy is taking upon yourself the characteristics of God. Remember, this does not negate wisdom. Sometimes we all need to be blunt and to the point. Ask God for knowledge in your heart and speaking, and He will give you wisdom
- Confess your wounds and the need for healing. Opening up to someone you trust is paramount to healing whatever it is within you. Becoming open is not a session where you point fingers at others. Your honest thoughts are between you and God’s presence within you alone.
Bringing more love, mercy, grace, and healing into this world starts with you. It has to start somewhere! Tell others what you have decided to do! Telling others will help the domino effect even more. Let the fire begin! We need a revival of good-hearted people arising in our country. A revival means loving those who do not love themselves. If we can’t love them in person because of their hearts’ harshness, then love them in prayer. Lift the spirits of those who are around you by pouring out goodness to them whenever you can. Do this without harming the boundaries of those you love. Remember where those are and stay within those lines!
You can do this! You can begin to change the world right now! Let the change begin within you and then with you! The country will thank you, and the world will thank you!
Loving you from here,
Dr. Rev. Jenine Marie Howry, PhD