I believe that life has a natural flow and when we are willing to look deep enough we can see where things are shifting. This flow is not as easily seen as the seasons when they change in weather but they can be seen, felt, and discerned. It’s always hard to shift to a new season, or direction in life. This means it’s time to say good-bye to that which no longer serves us so there will be room for that which does.
Some indications that something is meant to leave your life or your direction is changing:
- Nothing seems to go right any more when attempting to do what you have been doing.
- Suddenly it feels very negative and is filled with negative people.
- Authority is shifted and you no longer have the upper hand in your own life path when it comes to this certain thing.
- People who normally feel very connected no longer do.
- Your heart just does not seem “in it” any longer.
- You no longer feel joy from what you are doing.
- New things begin to entice you into a new direction.
- You find that your interests have changed.
- You are bored with the same old processes in life and the same old routine.
- You have a hunger for more, to learn more, to shift to a new position in life, to find new peace for your mind and soul.
These are just some things you might notice when the “flow” is changing in a particular area of your life. Just as the seasons change, everything must die so that new growth can present itself. As with anything, it can be hard at first, but also the excitement and prospect of new things can propel you forward.
What to do:
Let go of that which is behind and reach forward to that which is before you! Look at the new horizon and stay fixed on the beauty of it all!
Onward and upward! Embrace change, and don’t resist it. You just never know. You might wake up with a whole new facet of life ahead of you!
Loving you from here,
Dr. Rev. Jenine Marie Howry