Psalm 91:1 “He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High
will abide in the shadow of the Almighty.”
Everyone goes through trials. There is no escaping them if you live in this world. Sometimes they are harder than others but there will always be something. It’s what we endure while living in a fallen world. Some day this will not be the case, but until that day there are some things you can do when life gets hard.
- Remember how loved you are. If you are in Christ, He is also in you and His love abides in you. You will never be forsaken because His love endures forever!
- Dwell in the “secret place”. Keep your heart and your attention aligned with God. He knows your trials and He understands. Stay safe in the shadow of His wings by placing yourself there through strong intention and through His Holy Spirit.
- Remind yourself that “this too shall pass”. All things pass away, even trials will die off. Difficulty might remain for a season but when that season is over you will have relief once again.
- Keep moving forward. This is not a time to be stagnant. Don’t allow any set back to trip you up. When you know that you know you are loved, you can do anything. Keep on walking.
- Forgive trespasses and be grateful for the good things surrounding you. You can not move forward with un-forgiveness and lack of gratitude weighing you down. Forgive, have an attitude of gratitude, and visualize difficult situations floating upward to God like balloons into the sky. They will not touch you there.
- Remember where your place mat sits. The Bible says you are seated in high places with Christ. The view from that high place is much more beautiful than the one down in the mud. There is power in that place as Jesus makes intercession for you. He sits at the right hand of God the Father and He will always show up in power and deliverance as you sit with Him in that place of inheritance!
Copy these 6 things and paste them to a document. Print them out and post them to your wall. Remember to read them when trials come because they will! Remember the world will always be hard, but be of good cheer, because Jesus has overcome the world!
Pastor Jenine Marie Howry
800-421-1765 for prayer